Question Unknown Device - "acpi pnp0a0a 2&daba3ff&0" ?

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Had this PC a few years, and have installed Win10x64 onto it many many times without any issues. Been about a year and figured I'd reinstall it, clear out old files and folders etc... same as any other time.

My Win10x64 was a bit older, 1607 from Oct 2016. Always worked just fine but, this time just a bunch of small issues. Downloads folder kept resetting back to grouped view, no matter what I did. After literally 20min of doing it in various ways, it finally stuck. Then, numeric keyboard not working... well, it worked as cursors. Plus... despite having everything possible disabled and set to never, I'd walk away for a while, come back and it's in sleep mode. Had videos encoding at the time, didn't matter, it switched to sleep.

Grabbed Version 20H2 Build 19042.630, more current copy, and same issue with the random sleep kicking in, plus a few unknown devices.

No idea what's going on... kinda getting annoyed. Have done this literally a dozen times on this PC and had 0 issues.

Googled and a lot of threads on this unknown device but old and often no solution. Few mentions of using the original CD, but sadly, no idea where that went. Never needed it. I went to ASUS and grabbed the Intel drivers, Sound Card keeps 'popping' randomly, when not in use so grabbed the Audio drivers, plus the VGA driver... all mentioned in various threads. The Intel driver got rid of the one unknown... the last one... acpi\pnp0a0a\2&daba3ff&0... no idea.

Not sure if matters but... when I install Win10, I delete all partitions until it's just the 1 unformatted/unallocated partition and install to that. I don't install over top.

Any ideas? About to format again... although just installed, I've been changing this that and the other trying to get this install working right... I'm sure some stuff is now messed up from fixing other stuff. :D

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Well... never figured it out. Installed my old Win10 copy and it detected and installed all needed drivers. Took a while to update and disk cleanup deleted 38gb worth of files, more than the 20.5gb Windows uses to begin with. :D

Still curious, but, I had every driver off the ASUS site and Intel site for this PC unzipped and in a folder, told windows to look in all folders and sub folders and even that wouldn't work.

Old version worked, audio is working better now as well.

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Wiped it again... was messing around and permissions got messed up... Fortnite... figured give it a try, insisted that I had no permisions to install, even when un an admin mode.

I found a site that had a cmd window command to run that exported all 3rd party drivers from Win10 to a folder.

I installed Win10 20H2, and again, a few items showing as UNKNOWN... most cleared up easily with Intel drivers, this one however, when I told Windows to search the Drivers folder I created prior to reinstallation, grabbed the files from AMDA00.

Adobe print?