Question Unknown Device in Device Manager (Windows 10)

Bellzemos

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
Hello!

I have Windows 10 x64 Pro (1803). And I have an unknown devivce in Device Manager, screenshot:
r9DlOW4.png

Could this be something from Logitech? Logitech Virtual Bus Enumerator mabyne?

I have an old Logitech Precision USB gamepad which I sometimes use, but the unknown device is visible in the Device Manager at all times, even with the gampad disconnected (it that's even the cause).

How can I fix this driver / device / exclamation mark?

Thank you.

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016
Try uninstalling the driver and seeing if it re-installs automatically. If not, plug the Gamepad and see if the "Unknown device" comes back. If it is still there, test the gamepad. Usually when it says unknown the device doesn't work. if it doesn't work try looking for drivers from the manufacturer for that specific model gamepad.

Bellzemos

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
Thanx for your reply. I uninstalled the device from the Device Manager and it didn't come back. Not even after I rebooted the PC and not even after I plugged in the gamepay. And the gamepad works fine. So now I really don't know what was that entry in the Device Manager. But it's gone, at least for now...

Bellzemos

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2014
It's not back, not even re-plugging the Logitech gamepad, the Logitech webcam nor E-MU midi keyboard.

What could have caused that appearing in my Device Manager on a brand new PC? Should I worry about it or just forget it?