Unknown Hardware Issue

StarfruitOP

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
Recently while gaming on my pc, i noticed the system started to lag and noticed that the tower was pretty hot (which ive never had overheating issues before) so i shut the system down to let it cool off and dusted the inside out and checked all the fans to make sure they were still working and when i started it back up it crashed while attempting to launch windows with a blue screen that read MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. this now occurs any time i attempt to launch os. ive tried swapping out the hardrive with a known working one and the same issue still occured so it must be a hardware issue. i can still access the bios and my cpu temp and psu voltage are both stable. ive tried swapping the ram, graphics card, and resetting the cpu and heat sink. so i assume its either the cpu or the motherboard or if the power supply could cause this. the problem is that i dont have extra cpu's or motherboards to test them with so i was wondering which would probably be causing the issue before i went out and bought new parts. any help and advice is greatly appreciated as im not all too familiar with this kind of thing

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 LE
CPU: Intel i7-4820K

Solution
I would get a new PSU to test, its the easiest thing to do. Same applies to RAM.

CPUs rarely fail.

if RAM and PSU are not the problem then most likely you are dealing with a motherboard issue

gbb0330

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I would get a new PSU to test, its the easiest thing to do. Same applies to RAM.

CPUs rarely fail.

if RAM and PSU are not the problem then most likely you are dealing with a motherboard issue

Solution