Status
Not open for further replies.

aanderson2040

Commendable
May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,

Before I start, thank you all for helping everyone on here. I have literally no idea what I would do without you guys!

I've done a few PC builds but nothing to this scale so I'm kind of lost. So my personal PC's motherboard recently died so I had to replace the motherboard but it was a prebuilt PC so it had some weird ports I had never worked with on custom PCs and I can't find the name of them anywhere. The first one is an orange rectangle port with 7 holes and one missing on the bottom right. On my old motherboard it matches with a port labeled audio but the audio port on my new motherboard only have 6 pins so it wouldn't fit. It's just labeled Luxshare.

The next is a green port that has an upside down U shape and has no label on it. On my old motherboard it goes to something labeled SEN_HEADER but I can't find anything similar to that on my new motherboard. I suspect it's a thermal sensor but I'm not sure.

The last is a black unnamed port with 7 holes that looks like it goes to something called F_PANNEL but on my new motherboard F_PANNEL has a missing pin and I currently have a buzzer in it and it overlaps the 7 pins needed so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Here is the old motherboard: Lenovo cfm2+a78m

Here is my new motherboard: Gigabyte F2A58M-HD2

Any other specs that may be relevant: FM2+ AMD A7600
8GB DDR3 RAM
Raidmax RX-450K (replaced by original Huntkey HK280-25FP)
And some 1TB hard drive I don't remember

If there's anything else you need me to list, please don't hesitate!

Thanks again!!

Solution

Thanks for the reply Mike,
The problem I have is that my new motherboard pins are different from the Lenovo motherboard so the front of the case doesn't work because i can't plug in any of those ports
https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-f2a58m-hd2_e.pdf is manual for that MB.
Page 15, there are connectors for Front panel and what each one does.
If it was some brand name prebuilt PC, it's possible that front panel wiring is different but but buttons and lights do essentially same thing,
Start and reset buttons are just normally open push button temporary on switches, something like for doorbell.
LEDs are just standard 3-5v LEDs, nothing special either.
Could you put a closeup picture of your...
Orange one is for front audio header. It's marked on MB as such.
SEN_HADER should be for some kind of sensor OEM case should have.
Blue is PCI or PCIe port.
White is for fans.
If there's some other ones you don't recognize please pant an arrow or circle it in the picture.

aanderson2040

Commendable
May 25, 2018
Orange one is for front audio header. It's marked on MB as such.
SEN_HADER should be for some kind of sensor OEM case should have.
Blue is PCI or PCIe port.
White is for fans.
If there's some other ones you don't recognize please pant an arrow or circle it in the picture.

The problem I have is that my new motherboard pins are different from the Lenovo motherboard so the front of the case doesn't work because i can't plug in any of those ports

https://download1.gigabyte.com/Files/Manual/mb_manual_ga-f2a58m-hd2_e.pdf is manual for that MB.
Page 15, there are connectors for Front panel and what each one does.
If it was some brand name prebuilt PC, it's possible that front panel wiring is different but but buttons and lights do essentially same thing,
Start and reset buttons are just normally open push button temporary on switches, something like for doorbell.
LEDs are just standard 3-5v LEDs, nothing special either.
Could you put a closeup picture of your case's connectors for front panel ?

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.