Unknown password

Mary

We have had an employee change the Admin password on their workstation. How can I get past this and log on as Administrator to update windows etc???

Mary wrote:

> We have had an employee change the Admin password on their workstation. How can I get past this and log on as Administrator to update windows etc???

I can't guarantee this will work - but you could try opening up a
command prompt (start | run | command ) and typing
net user Administrator new_password

obviously replace Administrator with whatever the Administrator account
is named (probably still Administrator) and replace new_password with
the new password. This only works on some versions of Windows. I hope it
works for you.
Good luck
sh4d03

Assuming the workstation is a domain member you can logon
with a domain admin account and reset the password.