Unknown problem

When Win XP home edition opens I get a dialogue box as written below:
MSXDetct.exe - Unable To Locate Component

X This application has failed to start because
borlndmm.dll was not found. Re-installing the
application may fix this problem.
Thqanks for your help

map

JEFFREY ISRAEL wrote:
> When Win XP home edition opens I get a dialogue box as written below:
> MSXDetct.exe - Unable To Locate Component
>
> X This application has failed to start because
> borlndmm.dll was not found. Re-installing the
> application may fix this problem.
> Thqanks for your help

No hits on google for MSXDetct.exe, suspect some type of malware!

What malware scanners are you using?
Try Ad-AwareSE
Spybot S&D and
Spywareblaster

Sometimes,when you remove malware it will stop your TCP/IP
stack from working (Internet connection).
Winsock or LSP-fix will correct the problem,Download first.
Note to anyone using NOD32 Anti-Virus software,Do Not delete the
"imon.dll" this fix reports,This is your internet /e-mail scanning engine.

YES-You need more than 1 malware program,the one's below are all free
and work well.
LSP-fix- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
CWS Smart Killer- http://www.safer-networking.org/minifiles.html
About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
Ad-Aware SE - http://majorgeeks.com/Ad-Aware_SE_Personal_d506.html
MS Antispyware:
CWShredder -http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
Hijack this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html\
Hijackthis tutorial -
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=165
SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
WinPatrol - http://winpatrol.com
BHO Demon - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3550.html
asquared2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
Socklock- http://nsclean.com/socklock.html
A nice site - http://groups.msn.com/TeMercInternetSecuritySite/malwarecount
ermeasures.msnw
NOD32Anti-Virus Free 30 day trial
http://nod32.com/download/trial.htm
Process Guard-
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=download
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html

--
Mike Pawlak

Are you sure it said MSXDetect? Maybe MSDetect?

"JEFFREY ISRAEL" <jhi88@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> When Win XP home edition opens I get a dialogue box as written below:
> MSXDetct.exe - Unable To Locate Component
>
> X This application has failed to start because borlndmm.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the
> application may fix this problem.
> Thqanks for your help

JEFFREY,
Do you have an application by Borland?
The .dll your looking for can be downloaded here;
'borlndmm.dll '
(http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?borlndmm)
I came up empty with MSXDetct.exe
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

So people know WTF you're replying to...

When replying to a message, include enough original material to be
understood.

Because...

It is possible to see a response to a message before seeing the original.

It is possible to see a response to a message before without seeing the
original.

Giving context helps everyone.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.