Question Unknown problems with 8gb 1660 and ga-H61 s2p rev3.0

Jun 30, 2020
Hi
I have an h61 motherboard with i5 3570 and 4gb ram. I recently upgraded my memory with a single 8gb 1660 memory module.
before this upgrade PC was OK but after that, I experienced some problems such as :
1- during boot sometimes motherboard beeps (same as the beep of RAM problems ) with no display and after pressing reset button it boots normally.
2- sometimes its reset suddenly

I use win10 before and after this upgrade. my old 4gb module was 1333 and this 8gb was 1660. the first time I installed an 8gb module, I change the frequency in 1660 through UEFI bios.
both modules are king max brand.
the motherboard is Gigabyte H61M-S2P (rev. 3.0)
power is Coolmaster v650
onboard graphic
please help me with this problem

Jun 30, 2020
I do not clearly understand: have you added the new RAM and also kept the old one also installed, or do you have only the new one on your motherboard ?
If you kept the old one, you have to function at 1333 MHz with both sticks.

No, I insert the 8gb module alone and almost every time I turn on my pc I hear motherboard beep (like the beep of ram problems ) and after pressing case reset button it goes fine.
I even run the windows memory diagnostic tool and it said the ram is OK.

Jun 30, 2020
I changed the slot and It's fine by far, need to wait to see if it's going the same or not.
what if it's going to be fine? is that mean that the first RAM slot was broken? if it was broken why and how PC can boot with a broken slot by just pressing reset button during motherboard beep ?? my old 4gb 1333 ram was in that slot for almost 2 years with no problem.
Thanks for your response buddy!

Last edited: