Question Unknown reason of going up internet speed?

omar80747326

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
Hi guys, I can't understand why my 2mbps internet ( 250kb/s ) is suddenly going up to 1 or 2 mb/s these days? please I CAN'T even figure out what's going on?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That could just be caching and interruptions, but I wouldn't really consider more speed to be a problem.

That can sometimes just be bad behavior in the tool tracking the download speed. Interruptions will throw a brief period of zeros into the calculator, and then when it realizes it has sent more than that it revises the speed temporarily. If you are seeing flat consistent increases in speed over long periods, your ISP may just be upgrading the circuit. Sometimes it is cheaper (or just less effort) to upgrade equipment and signal strength for everyone in a given area.

Just noticed the other day that it looks like they doubled my internet speed, I don't believe I was notified. Probably need to consider dropping it down a speed level.

omar80747326

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
Really it's not a problem for me, in addition, it just looks like that 2mbps for just 150 EGP = 9 USD speed is going like a turtle
but isps obviously in my country can easily steal your data capacity allowed to use, internet is extremely slow and expensive in my country, and of course this includes 14% taxes with internet bills every month if using home or mobile packages. of course still using a DSL connection and not fiber even with the highest speeds of 100mbps that costs 700 EGP = 42 USD?

Last edited: