Unknown USB device (link in compliance mode) issue

cpugeek21

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I have been looking around the internet, but these issue seems to be unresolved even on other threads.There's an Unknown USB device (link in compliance mode) issue on my computer. The thing is, I only have 3 devices that are plugged into my USB ports --- a mouse, a keyboard and a WD external hard drive. Anyone has any suggestions? Do you think it's alright if I just disable the device from device manager? Actually I'm not too concerned but the issue is that it ties in with another issue-KMode exception not handled (ntfs.sys). Apparently, this issue happens when there are drivers not installed properly so I thought that these two issues may be related.

Solution
You could disable it, but if you right click it in device manager, click properties, go to the details tab, change the dropdown menu to Hardware ID's and research the ID, you may be able to discover what it is before you disable it, although try disabling it and see what happens. If it's unknown, it's clearly not being used.

tomr4lph

Reputable
Oct 21, 2014
You could disable it, but if you right click it in device manager, click properties, go to the details tab, change the dropdown menu to Hardware ID's and research the ID, you may be able to discover what it is before you disable it, although try disabling it and see what happens. If it's unknown, it's clearly not being used.

Solution