Unknown USB Wireless Adapter

Destinguish

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Okay so I restored my PC and now I can't install the software for my wireless adapter because #1. Lost the install disk, and #2 I don't know the manufacturer of the adapter I have. It's just a small USB, no logo's or writing, only thing it has on it is on the very front, not top or bottom, but front it says, 802.11n and underneath that it has like 4 tiny pin holes, nothing else. So I have nothing to go on to know what to look up on google. Help?

when you plug the device in after you run your mb chipset update drivers windows may find the device. if it cant go under device info and look for the device id. the pci vendor id will tell you who made it so you can get the right drivers.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

Destinguish

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
It doesn't tell me who made it, when I go to Hardware update wizard, only thing it says is 802.11n WLAN is it's name. I try to install the hardware through the wizard and it says it can't, but when I had the CD before I could install it, so I know it works on this PC. Also, it is Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2. Yes I know, old.

TRENDING THREADS