_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I just went to the unemployment webpage for my state and there was an unfamiliar username in the auto fill suggestions, along with my username and a few other suggestions which were all user names of mine. The unknown name is a human name and some numbers.
That was in Firefox, so then I went to check Brave and in that browser there is another unknown autofill suggestion but its just a string of 12 numbers and letters. .
No strange names or emails show up on any other sites auto fill options, just unemployment.
I have a strong Router password, wifi password, Kaspersky paid AV, am on an ethernet connection in a house with only my girlfriend. Xfinity texts me anytime a new device connects to our router. Kaspersky full scan shows nothing. None of the user names are shown in either browsers list of saved logins.

How could this happen?? Is there any explanation other than being hacked?

I seem to be having a bad day for security because I made this post earlier:

Solution
state sites are notorious for not clearing info from previous sessions (sometimes they'll even display other users info) it pays to clear you cache for those sites.
if it shows only in one site, then its stored in firefox, if u have sync enabled and using firefox on multiple devices, then somebody saved it from one of your device

u can check your stored logins in firefox options -> privacy and security -> logins & passwords -> saved logins
all passwords will be listed for each ip/website u have stored

u can check your firefox devices here

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
if it shows only in one site, then its stored in firefox, if u have sync enabled and using firefox on multiple devices, then somebody saved it from one of your device

u can check your stored logins in firefox options -> privacy and security -> logins & passwords -> saved logins
all passwords will be listed for each ip/website u have stored

u can check your firefox devices here

Right, and I did check those and no such logins were saved. I don't have any browser sync or network sharing set up.
So to recap/summarize:
-Unknown user names in auto fill on one website

-2 different browsers each have a different unkown autofill option for that one site.

-How could this possibly happen/ where could those entries have come from?

Ralston18

Titan
What are those other "usernames"?

If you can list those other unknown/unfamiliar names and numbers - without revealing any personal identifying information for you or your girlfriend - seeing those names may prove beneficial.

Some might recognize the entries and/or possible sources.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
state sites are notorious for not clearing info from previous sessions (sometimes they'll even display other users info) it pays to clear you cache for those sites.

Oh wow... well thats good to know. So the site holds some of that info I guess? Security is definitely not their strong suit considering they have had several hacks since the pandemic started.
Why would my browser save that info though?