Question Unlock InsydeH20 BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2019
I am using HP Pavilion Power - 15-cb001nt and ı want to unlock my BIOS for chose NVDIA Graphc Card and disable internal Graphic Card. What can ı do for this ? ıt tried lots of combinations like: pressing tab button 3 times. I dont know can anyone help me ?

Welcome to Tom's!
It is not possible to "unlock" the BIOS on pre-built computers, like Dell, HP, etc.
However, if you install a discrete graphics card, the PC should automatically disable the integrated graphics, so the discrete GPU is functional. (or will be as soon as you install the drivers!). Don't forget to connect your monitor to the GPU and not the motherboard!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The "secret" part of the BIOS is a myth that prevailed from (I think) a single Insyde BIOS from 10+ years ago. Even then, it wasn't an all incompassing unlocked BIOS, it had a few more advances options.

As for chosing Nvidia over the iGP, why would you do so? You're discussing a laptop. They're specifically designed to use the (relatively) low power iGP to minimize power requirements - the Nvidia card will kick in as/when necessary.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
^ Unlocking hidden options in some OEM BIOS is certainly not a myth.
I used to do BIOS mods on multiple BIOS mod forums and I have seen quite a few BIOS from different OEMs that had hidden features that could be un-hidden so the end user could access and change the setting.
If you want to find out if there are any hidden setting in your BIOS,
my advice would be to go to biosmods.com or mydigitallife forums and see if anyone has found and enabled any hidden options for your Exact MB/BIOS.
But as stated above that should not be necessary to use an aftermarket GPU.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
^ Unlocking hidden options in some OEM BIOS is certainly not a myth.
I used to do BIOS mods on multiple BIOS mod forums and I have seen quite a few BIOS from different OEMs that had hidden features that could be un-hidden so the end user could access and change the setting.
If you want to find out if there are any hidden setting in your BIOS,
my advice would be to go to biosmods.com or mydigitallife forums and see if anyone has found and enabled any hidden options for your Exact MB/BIOS.
But as stated above that should not be necessary to use an aftermarket GPU.

That;'s what I'm saying though. It is a 'myth' that a certain key combinations miraculously 'unlock' hidden features. Yes, some exist, accessible via modifications to the firmware itself but, to the best of my knowledge, there's only been one (or a handful, at most) of laptop BIOS' that a user entered key combination was all it took to 'unlock'.

Jun 5, 2019
The "secret" part of the BIOS is a myth that prevailed from (I think) a single Insyde BIOS from 10+ years ago. Even then, it wasn't an all incompassing unlocked BIOS, it had a few more advances options.

As for chosing Nvidia over the iGP, why would you do so? You're discussing a laptop. They're specifically designed to use the (relatively) low power iGP to minimize power requirements - the Nvidia card will kick in as/when necessary.
I know but ı don't care to power wasting. And it sometimes annoying for me . For ezample : When ı open the OBS and stream my desktop ı cant do this. Becasue internal graphic card. I was thinking if ı talk with HP Support to give me a unlocked version of BIOS , does it happen ? Are they give me unlocked version ? What do you think ?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If the BIOS is not for your Exact pc make and model do NOT use it.
And No HP will not unlock hidden BIOS features for you.

@barty,
Gotcha, I thought you meant that hidden settings didn't exist at all.
I would have never even thought a key combo would unlock anything in a BIOS.
And yes special tools, skills and the proper knowledge are definitely required to look for and unlock hidden settings if they are in fact in the BIOS at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS