Unlock the CPU AMD Athlon II X3 455 to a phenom II x4 B55 with one small problem

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I've been running a phenom ii x4 B55 even since I had the AMD Athlon II X3 455 unlock to that core everything was good until I tired to install windows 7 64-bit.I though it was the BIOS that's not the case it looks it must have been the CPU been unlock and one reason or another the installation wasn't picking up the the CPU so I had to make the hard choice of Will downgrading back to it's original sate. I'm not sure what to do here I don't want to overclock the CPU and damage it to get it back the phenom II x4 B55 so I'm kind of stuck here. Here's the picture of the MB Intelligent Tweaker or M.I.T.if someone has the same GA-MA785GM-US2H like me, then maybe someone can help me get it back to the phenom II x4 B55 without having the system lock up on me when I enter windows 7 64-bit.
QwhQGx4.jpg

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
What OS were you running before, Windows XP?

What very likely is happening is now that its trying to call 64 bit instructions from all 4 cores, the core you unlocked is failing.

Keep in mind AMD didn't lock the core and sell it as an Athlon X3 for the hell of it, that core did not pass testing for some reason.

Most likely because it doesn't work right.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

8GB of RAM

The OS I had was the 32-bit version of windows 7 I don't follow what do you mean by the core is failing?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

When AMD makes chips they test the cores and bin them appropriately Some they use for say a Phenom X4, and X3 has 1 less core, and so on. In your case the Athlon X3 was a quad core chip X4 that one of the cores did not pass certification and so it was disabled. Now you were able to unlock it and it worked on Win 7 32 bit, BUT now that you're trying to run 64 bit, the core is failing. This is likely because the core failed initial testing with 64 bit instructions, which is why it was disabled.

My point? There is no way to fix it, it was disabled for a reason.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Ok I see so I have to buy a new CPU to get the Quad Core that what your saying. One that is an AM3 Socket Type.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I would say yes, if you want a quad core you're going to need to buy one. Unlocking the 4th core on an X3 is often a lottery as to if it works or not, unfortunately you did not win.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

More like a half win the 32-bit version of windows 7 I got to use a Quad Core at that level, but it looks like I'll have buy a new CPU this time around.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

And how do I do that? Which option on this picture which allow me to do that?

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

It tired what what you told me to do but no dice it didn't work but thank for trying.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Don't worry about it looks like I'll have to buy that CPU now.

TRENDING THREADS