Unlocked Motorola Moto G Finally Hits U.S. at $179

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I just cracked the screen on my SGSIII and the estimate to replace the screen was $200. Instead I am going to wait for the CDMA moto G and get that for $179 and not have to deal with another 2 year contract from Verizon.

This is quite the phone for the price. I wouldn't mind having one of these as a mini tablet for basic network troubleshooting and for some applications. This is pretty much an iTouch that can be a phone if desired.

gussy2000

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Excellent pricing on those specs. What a great back up device or "in a clinch" replacement phone. Nice job Googorola.

Tc17

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
No CDMA? It figures. I was planning on using this with Tracfones BYOP deal which only works with CDMA. Its typical Verizon again trying to prevent anyone but themselves from having it.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
That's a lot of phone for the money. These are going to be very popular with us who don't want to extend our contract but need a new phone.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

Read the article. CDMA version is coming in January....but you'll likely have to buy from one of the CDMA carriers (Verizon or Sprint in the US) since they have to be approved by each carrier for their networks.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

It doesnt cost that much to fix. I just replaced the screen on my GS3 myself. The replacement was $20 on Amazon and it was very easy to fix since I already had all the tools the replacement+repair kit didnt include.. The only real downside is that since I didnt replace the LOCA, the touch response isnt as good as before and since there is a gap between the lens and the AMOLED screen there is a hollow feel to it, but the new screen looks perfect.. I would replace it a second time for $20 plus the $10 for new LOCA before I bought a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS