Unlocking my DELL Dimension 9200 !!!

leefuji

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Hi there,
I'm new to this and I just got a new Dell 9200 machine with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Cpu .

Unfortunatly on Dell machines you cant mess around with the bios to change any frequnecies or multipliers .. and Im reading all those people OCing there E6600 to 3.2Ghz from 2.4 and I cant do it !!

My questions is : Is there a way to unclock dells MOBO or get rid of their Bios menu to get to the original board bios menu where it will let you actually change parameters regarding the CPU ?!?!?!

And is the SpeedStep gonna help me in a way or other to boost up the cpus freq over 2.4Ghz ?

Thanks

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Not recommended and no, SpeedStep will not help you OC your CPU.

There are some hacked BIOSs available online. Not sure if you can find one for Dell (doubtful). They use their own proprietory BIOSs. One of the reasons they do this to prevent exactly what you're tring to do. Imagine the workload for their tech support if they had people who don't know what they're doing trying to OC their machines? It is not recommended for an inexperienced user. You can easily end up with an expensive paperweight.

And I would carefully consider doing some extensive research if you're thinking of buying another motherboard to stick in that Dell case as those can be fiercely proprietory too.

I'm sorry but Dell's aren't built for this.

leefuji

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
Thanks buddy , well I was pretty much sure but I wanted to make sure that nobody has came out with something to bypass their crap !!

:)

G

what exactly is speedstep. because i also saw it on my dell dimension 9200 bios under performance. it says factorey settings is off. but what will hapen if i turn it on?