[SOLVED] UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME after windows 10 install

May 7, 2020
Hey all
I recently upgraded my windows to windows 10 and all went fine initially. After the install I turned the pc off and carried on with my day. However when I came back to the pc in the evening to start installing my programs and games, the pc wouldn’t boot and I was given the error UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME.

I have tried booting back up with the install disc to retry the install or get the pc into safe mode but it just goes to a black screen after the windows logo. I have also tried interrupting the start up three times to get it to self repair and throw up the safe mode , but again I get a black screen after the self repair.

I have swapped out the hard drive from my other pc and it all loads up perfectly fine. I put the hard drive from the none bootable pc into my other pc and again, no start up, black screens and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME.

So I am assuming it’s the hard drive, but no matter what, I cannot get it to boot from another source or even get it into safe mode.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
Dread

Solution
Try reinstalling Windows, I did a quick google search of the error and it appears that the hard drive cannot boot Windows properly. This is probably due to a corrupted file or something similar. You can set up the Windows 10 Installation Tool on Microsoft's website. You will need a seperate computer and either a USB thumb drive or a DVD, writer in the computer you are setting the install up from, and reader in the computer with the issue.
May 7, 2020
Try reinstalling Windows, I did a quick google search of the error and it appears that the hard drive cannot boot Windows properly. This is probably due to a corrupted file or something similar. You can set up the Windows 10 Installation Tool on Microsoft's website. You will need a seperate computer and either a USB thumb drive or a DVD, writer in the computer you are setting the install up from, and reader in the computer with the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS