Unmountable Boot Volume/BSOD

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,
So recently I had sorted out my gaming computer from its previous issues about registry corruption and HD corruption etc and it has been fine for about 2 weeks since then... But as of yesterday 3/3/2013 I got the dreaded boot cycle of when after the windows 7 logo the whole system restarts and does it over and over after doing everything from chkdsk to simply checking the components like the ram and the HD connections and to no avail even trying to use the systems boot disc to do some windows recovery and that does not find the issue neither so I am wondering... I don't mind about the HD at all the main concern is that if I were to get a new HD and installed W7 onto it... Would it fix the Unmountable Boot Volume Error or would it have more chance of coming back to this new Hard Drive or just happening on the boot itself because I feel I rather go the easy way than just being concerned about fixing the existing HD that has the problems

But if you know of any solutions don't be afraid to inform me and I will try to see if it works...

I tried Safe Mode and it gets stuck and CLASSPNP.SYS every time so that also makes me think it is a bad HD
So safe mode does not seem to work at all when using F8

Josh12419

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2013
Well I did a MAXTOR PowerMax test on boot and did a full test and it failed at "Run SMART Self Test" and the Diagnostic Code is 4000fffffff4ffffffb610 and is currently saying

"This drive is failing, and must be replaced. If you do not have a recent backup of the data, please do so now if possible"

So is this a clear sign of a failed drive and should I get a new HD

geekysly

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
try go into the bios then see if the mode for the hard drive is ahci, if it is then try change it to ide....maybe it would work..
just trying to help..:)