News Unnamed Intel Rocket Lake Eight-Core CPU Fails To Defeat Ryzen 3 3300X

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
probably a mobile chip
There is no mobile Rocket Lake. Rocket Lake is more or less Ice Lake backported to 14nm for the desktop. It wouldn't make any sense to bring that to mobile when Tiger Lake H is just about to be released which is the 10nm successor to Ice Lake. Unless Intel's plan really is to go backwards.

tlmiller76

Reputable
Sep 19, 2019
There is no mobile Rocket Lake. Rocket Lake is more or less Ice Lake backported to 14nm for the desktop. It wouldn't make any sense to bring that to mobile when Tiger Lake H is just about to be released which is the 10nm successor to Ice Lake. Unless Intel's plan really is to go backwards.
Bah, logged in for nothing, was going to say essentially that.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I feel something is not right with the numbers. While R3 3300X is fast, but it is no Zen 3 which soundly beat Comet Lake in almost every test except for those AVX 512 ones. Its either the processor is stuck at its low base clock, or could be throttling.

Reactions: Soaptrail
I feel something is not right with the numbers. While R3 3300X is fast, but it is no Zen 3 which soundly beat Comet Lake in almost every test except for those AVX 512 ones. Its either the processor is stuck at its low base clock, or could be throttling.

My guess would be low clock speeds and this is an early ES sample. The odds that Intel would ever release a CPU that performs worse than their own previous gen in every metric are pretty much nill to none.

But that is how rumors go. We will never truly know performance until the official launch of the product and third parties can put it through its paces.