[SOLVED] Unnamed Problem

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Hello, i have quite a big issue with my windows.
I've been reinstalling windows since last year. Problem, why it won't boot is not all time the same ( i think). Most common things that happen to me is strtail.txt error and boot into diagnosis with automatic restarting or black screen.... this is for win 10.... for win 7 most common - i boot into black screen with my mouse or short time blue screen with automatic restarting. It is really hard to describe my issue, cause i don't know where is the problem. As i said, reinstall is just a temporary solution, it is just matter of time when it crash again. My hardware isn't old that much, did some test and looks okay, software installed on new windows is just basic with drivers, so no problem there probably. Tried to contact microsoft but the advisors are literally not helpful.

If someone can find a solution for this i would be really grateful, because i have really no idea.

Thanks !

Solution
Well, you told me to test drives, but it Has passed 3 tests on different apps with no Bad sectors and little less health than 100 % but that doesnt mean anything. So i bought new SSD and it looks ok. I have risked but it paid off.
Well, it was only that I stated previously it sounded like your drives are failing, and that testing is not a guaranteed:
If it doesn't it could be that the drives are indeed failing.
I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, apologies if it appeared that way, was just clarifying for those visiting the forums and for understanding what solved your problem.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you've been reinstalling windows and still encountered issues the issue is probably firmware or hardware. Not Windows.

• Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.
  • You may want to check the health of your storage drives using HD Sentinel or CrystalDiskInfo as first step.
  • Are you running any overclock anywhere at all?
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
1. Win 10 pro 64 version
CPU: Intel i5 4460- 3,2 ghz
GPU: AMD RX 560 4 GB
Motherboard: Asrock H81M-GL
PSU: Fortron Hyper S 600 W
Ram: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3
  1. They are healthy with no bad sectors
  2. no overclocks
  3. I think not, in system info there is ,,older version''

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
yes, few days ago i got it on win 7 not even 24 hours on new win and got BSOD
In which case refer to the guide I posted previously so that you can obtain a minidump to share with us.
If the issue occurred after W10 installation, then suspect that you've got some outdated Win7 drivers that don't play nice with Windows 10.

You can search through these, but a minidump will tell us what drivers are running.

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
So, i tried many clean installs.... (every single option)
Did tests but didn't find anything unwanted. View: https://imgur.com/a/4RzgHGP
even SSD says 85 % still says excellent with no bad sectors

What do you mean if both os are on same drive ? My win 7 is on new DVD and win 10 on USB, and i install it just on one drive. (once tried to install OS on hard drive instead of SSD but it was laggy so, there is no way)

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Okay, just got error shellexecute ex failed 1067 and bsod with restarting as before. Starting to think the SSD ( Windows files drive) might be problem. Months before my pc itself asks to scan the SSD drive almost regularly. And now during installation happens this, not a first time. When i got an error , my background disapeared and panel with tools was flashing. I was unable to do almost anything.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Are you able to recreate when it crashes? Does it crash whenever you use the computer?
If so I'd be tempted to run a Linux distro on a USB for example, and see if the PC still crashes.

SMART status is only an indicator, not a guaranteed unfortunately.

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Seem i found a solution, for everyone facing theese strange problems, try to replace (windows) drives [HDD/SSD] and it should be fine again even it shows no bad sectors or good health. Before buying a new drive, test your rams.

filip.pauco08

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Well, you told me to test drives, but it Has passed 3 tests on different apps with no Bad sectors and little less health than 100 % but that doesnt mean anything. So i bought new SSD and it looks ok. I have risked but it paid off.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, it was only that I stated previously it sounded like your drives are failing, and that testing is not a guaranteed:
I wasn't trying to be antagonistic, apologies if it appeared that way, was just clarifying for those visiting the forums and for understanding what solved your problem.

Solution