Unparking a i5-7600k

madsmuz

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Hey everyone.

So i just bought new CPU (i5-7600k), and i read on a topic about Unparking the CPU.
What i found out was that unparking makes all the cores run at all times.

So i just wanted to ask if it would improve any performance ingame? Right now im having trouble running PUBG bc it's so badly optimized but would it be worth a shot trying to unpark?

And a question i have to ask, does unparking harm you CPU?

TY!

Sry for my bad english :p

Solution
Unless the game needs those cores, you're not achieving anything except for wasting some time and some of your brain cells. Honestly, the need for unparking isn't even necessary. With processors being efficient at what they do, they will deliver the power the app needs at any given time. Badly optimized games don't benefit from unparking. the same was apparent when Crisis(I) came out. A lot fo folks tied unparking the cores and that led to no results.

Further reading.

Lutfij

Titan
Unless the game needs those cores, you're not achieving anything except for wasting some time and some of your brain cells. Honestly, the need for unparking isn't even necessary. With processors being efficient at what they do, they will deliver the power the app needs at any given time. Badly optimized games don't benefit from unparking. the same was apparent when Crisis(I) came out. A lot fo folks tied unparking the cores and that led to no results.

Further reading.

Solution