[SOLVED] Unpartiotining the disk Windows is on

Jun 1, 2020
This might be a weird and dumb question so bear with me.

My computer got fixed by a computer technician a few months ago because it was not turning on, but after it got back to me, my HDD had two partitions, a C: and D: drive. It's set up so that all my old files [which is approximately 600GB] are on the D: drive, and the C: drive is only for Windows stuff. But I really don't like having two different drives so I wanted to make it all into one, I want to delete the C: disk and allocate all the free space into D:. But I fear this might delete Windows aswell and cause further problems, any thoughts? Really want to be careful here.

Solution
I can check in with friends to see if anyone has it after this lockdown stuff ends. And yeah he did a pretty poor job. But I see, well, thanks for answering my main question anyway! Hope you have a good week.
Save all your personal data off to some other drive, and do a full wipe and reinstall on that 1TB.

Jun 1, 2020
Took a bit to change my system's language to English but anyway, here is it:
KM5myxr.png

Jun 1, 2020
Yes, that's it. On my D drive is all my old files [before the technician fixed it], includes important work files, games, books, TV shows, etc etc, approximately 600GB of stuff.

How opposed are you to a complete reinstall?
I'd honestly not prefer to, but if it really is the only way to do it then probably.

USAFRet

Titan
Do you have, or can borrow, an external drive of sufficient free space to hold the entirety of the data in the D?

That config is a mess, and that tech should be...well, I can't say.

A full wipe and reinstall is what I would do.
Even moving and managing the partitions would need a full backup of all on the D partition. ANd if you have that, and what currently is on the C is only the OS....might as well just start over.

Jun 1, 2020
Do you have, or can borrow, an external drive of sufficient free space to hold the entirety of the data in the D?

That config is a mess, and that tech should be...well, I can't say.

A full wipe and reinstall is what I would do.
Even moving and managing the partitions would need a full backup of all on the D partition. ANd if you have that, and what currently is on the C is only the OS....might as well just start over.
I can check in with friends to see if anyone has it after this lockdown stuff ends. And yeah he did a pretty poor job. But I see, well, thanks for answering my main question anyway! Hope you have a good week.

USAFRet

Titan
Save all your personal data off to some other drive, and do a full wipe and reinstall on that 1TB.

Solution