[SOLVED] Unplanned PC Build Almost Complete

Oct 16, 2019
Ok I'm in the U.S. I fixed up an Optiplex 990 for gaming last yr. which is being cannibalized for this. Is a bit of a downgrade going from an i7-2600 but I can upgrade to an i7-4790 later on. No need for a Monitor or OS I'm sure Windows 10 will get activated from the board.
Budget: 130$-150$

Have-
MB: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro-ATX
CPU: i5-4570 3.2 ghz
PSU: EVGA 600 BR, 80+ Bronze 600W 100- BR-0600-K1
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini
RAM: 8x2 16gb DDR3 1333 Dual Channel

Need- Not much really

Case: Nothing special more concerned on price, airflow, compatible, and flexible for future upgrades. So many to choose from makes my head spin need the most help with this one.

SSD: 2.5 inch 512GB-1TB maybe 2 512gb SSDs

Maybe something I've forgotten. Thanks guys.

Solution
Thank You I was looking at that case really a lot of them it's so difficult to choose I haven't built a PC piece by piece in 11 years. I should be able to add a cheaper brand 2nd SSD like a Kingston 240gb and put nothing important on it.
I forgot about the Crucial SSDs how idk this is why I came here again thanks. Would it be dumb to move one of the front fans on that case to the back or should I leave both up front and get a 3rd?
- Fractal makes great cases. A mesh front will have the best airflow. I'd add a 120mm fan to the back of the Focus G and leave the front ones alone. You don't need an expensive one. If you have one that size in your old case you should be able to mount it in a new case.

- The quality and longevity of...
Oct 16, 2019
So you've got a $150 budget for a case and SSD?
I'm confused.
I'm not sure how you got confused. 130$-150$, if it's less cool, for a Case and 2 SSD's and anything else someone may recommend I forgot. Did you read the whole post? I'm just asking for some help and I would appreciate it from anyone.

Ok I'm in the U.S. I fixed up an Optiplex 990 for gaming last yr. which is being cannibalized for this. Is a bit of a downgrade going from an i7-2600 but I can upgrade to an i7-4790 later on. No need for a Monitor or OS I'm sure Windows 10 will get activated from the board.
Budget: 130$-150$

Have-
MB: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H Micro-ATX
CPU: i5-4570 3.2 ghz
PSU: EVGA 600 BR, 80+ Bronze 600W 100- BR-0600-K1
GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini
RAM: 8x2 16gb DDR3 1333 Dual Channel

Need- Not much really

Case: Nothing special more concerned on price, airflow, compatible, and flexible for future upgrades. So many to choose from makes my head spin need the most help with this one.

SSD: 2.5 inch 512GB-1TB maybe 2 512gb SSDs

Maybe something I've forgotten. Thanks guys.
Step you up to an ATX mid-tower for more room and future upgrades and a good quality SSD. Not able to fit more in your budget but this should give you an idea of what you can get for limited $$.
Fractal Design Focus G & Crucial MX500 SSD

Reactions: moelder
Oct 16, 2019
Step you up to an ATX mid-tower for more room and future upgrades and a good quality SSD. Not able to fit more in your budget but this should give you an idea of what you can get for limited $$.
Fractal Design Focus G & Crucial MX500 SSD
Thank You I was looking at that case really a lot of them it's so difficult to choose I haven't built a PC piece by piece in 11 years. I should be able to add a cheaper brand 2nd SSD like a Kingston 240gb and put nothing important on it.
I forgot about the Crucial SSDs how idk this is why I came here again thanks. Would it be dumb to move one of the front fans on that case to the back or should I leave both up front and get a 3rd?

Oct 16, 2019
Why do you want two SSDs and not a single larger one? Or a 512GB SSD and a 2TB HDD?
It's probably smarter to do that but 1 1tb SSD one fails at least I got a 2nd even making backups. Though I am still using an 8 yr. old Kingston SV300 120gb in my laptop and 6 yr. old 120gb 840 evo in my Optiplex. I'm just trying to get away from mechanical drives. I probably should just get 2 tb HDD for the 2nd drive idk.

- Fractal makes great cases. A mesh front will have the best airflow. I'd add a 120mm fan to the back of the Focus G and leave the front ones alone. You don't need an expensive one. If you have one that size in your old case you should be able to mount it in a new case.

- The quality and longevity of SSD's has come a long way. Personally I'd get a single larger SSD if your budget supports it.

Reactions: moelder
Solution
Oct 16, 2019

- The quality and longevity of SSD's has come a long way. Personally I'd get a single larger SSD if your budget supports it.
Thanks again for the help guys I decided to go with the CPU upgrade now and sell the i5-4570 got plenty of HDD's laying around. Hope I got it right ordered:
Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz
Fractal Design Focus G Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Crucial BX500 2.5" 240GB
Raidmax RX-120SR-O 120mm Case Fan