unplanned Pc Restarts when starting world of warcraft

bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
For the past week or two I have had my pc crash on me a few times.. it doesnt seem to happen if im not on it, but I have noticed it happen a few times when I open up Battle.net and click play on world of warcraft when it does happen and the pc restarts if I open up the battle.net app again it shows all my games as not being installed and I have to find the area they are installed again, now I dont know if that is related to anything but that is the only trend I have noticed.. usually occurs when ive been away from the pc for a while come back and open that game.. I have check my psu voltages and everything appears normal there.. maybe my ssd going bad? I really have no clue any suggestions would be appreciated.

bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
CPU: Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core OEM/Tray Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock - H170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Storage: samsung ssd 860 evo 500gb
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Founders Gtx 1080

Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: XFX - TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

skitszo

Honorable
my goto first thing to do is reseat the physical connections by removing everything and putting them back. GPU, memory, hard drives, cables.

then after that graphics drivers and other drivers look to see if any new updated ones. or if a graphics driver push just happened try an older version for a couple weeks till they get the bugs out.

check if anything is over heating....
blow out the rig and clean.

check hard drive and memory.
crystaldiskinfo
harddisk sentinel
memtest or onboard diagnostics.