Question Unplug my RX580 and pc turns on? Recently built a gaming pc was running fine then everything shut down no power

Mar 5, 2019
Recently built a gaming PC and all was fine until it shut down. I tested PSU and that was fine tried mobo test nothing, I replaced the mobo and still nothing! I unplug my graphics card and powers up? I'm using an MSI b450 with 2600 x CPU got 16 GB ram with an RX580 GPU PSU us corsair cx550 m? Is my graphics card dead?

Mar 5, 2019
Can you try the card on another machine?
Can you try another card in your machine?
How did you test the PSU? Just the paperclip-turn on test?
I do not have another machine or another card. I did try the paperclip test but I then decided to get a new PSU just in case and it does it with new psu everything plugged in no power unplug GPU I have power?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I do not have another machine or another card. I did try the paperclip test but I then decided to get a new PSU just in case and it does it with new psu everything plugged in no power unplug GPU I have power?
Sorry, don't understand that last part.
But untill you have a way to verify the card on another PC, it would appear the card is the problem. Is the card new? Used?

Mar 5, 2019
Sorry, don't understand that last part.
But untill you have a way to verify the card on another PC, it would appear the card is the problem. Is the card new? Used?

The card is new, what I was trying to say is that with all parts plugged in the pc wont power up, if I unplug just the graphics card it powers up which points to the graphics card imo

Kimjz

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
The card is new, what I was trying to say is that with all parts plugged in the pc wont power up, if I unplug just the graphics card it powers up which points to the graphics card imo
sadly i have this same problem, when i unplug power cable it goes, looks like gpu shorts PSU . did you find solution ?