[SOLVED] Unplugged HDD while shut down but didn't turn off PSU, anything to worry about?

Dec 3, 2019
As stated in the title, I didn't switch off my PSU before I meddled, but I did shut down the computer. Everything seems fine but I just want to make sure I don't have to worry about anything down the road.

Solution
The concern would be if the computer was trying to write data to the HDD and that process was interrupted with the end result being corrupted data.

However, if the computer was already shut down and not doing anything then having the PSU plugged in and/or not physically shutoff via the switch on the back likely caused no harm.

Consider yourself fortunate in that respect and likewise consider a routine backup plan.

Lightning may not strike twice in the same (really not true) but data accidents certainly abound.

Ralston18

Titan
The concern would be if the computer was trying to write data to the HDD and that process was interrupted with the end result being corrupted data.

However, if the computer was already shut down and not doing anything then having the PSU plugged in and/or not physically shutoff via the switch on the back likely caused no harm.

Consider yourself fortunate in that respect and likewise consider a routine backup plan.

Lightning may not strike twice in the same (really not true) but data accidents certainly abound.

Solution