Question Unplugged Pc while running

Herrera 3432

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
I accidentally unplugged my power cord while Pc was running, now when I turn on everything is fine and no debug lights but there is no post but there is display. Only thing I can access is the BIOS system but I can’t go into windows and access anything else it is either I keep it a black screen or load into bios. Anyone have a solution, everything is pretty new like 4 months ago also.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You have deceived me. Your Pcpp link shows you having ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 MoBo, yet your screen shows you have MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi MoBo. :no:

So, again:
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished? :heink:

Herrera 3432

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
You have deceived me. Your Pcpp link shows you having ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 MoBo, yet your screen shows you have MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi MoBo. :no:

So, again:
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished? :heink:
Oh my bad, it’s the same thing just with the board you had said with the wifi board, also instead of 5600 it is the 5600x but everything else in the part picker is the same. My fault.

Herrera 3432

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
Dig out your holy bible of PCs, open it up and read page 52, namely "Boot sub-menu". <- This tells you if your OS drive is detected or not. Might want to read page 51 first, so you can locate where that sub-menu is within BIOS.
I think I see the boot sub menu but I’m kinda confused, I see boot priority but what should I see

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Here, it's strange that MoBo detects the M.2 drive but is unable to boot from it. Usually, when Win gets corrupted, there's repair screen that shows up.

Moving forwards, do you have: 2nd PC and USB thumb drive (at least 10GB in size)?

If you do, you'd be able to repair your PC on your own. If you do not, you have to haul your PC to PC repair shop and pay them to install new Win for you.

Herrera 3432

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
Here, it's strange that MoBo detects the M.2 drive but is unable to boot from it. Usually, when Win gets corrupted, there's repair screen that shows up.

Moving forwards, do you have: 2nd PC and USB thumb drive (at least 10GB in size)?

If you do, you'd be able to repair your PC on your own. If you do not, you have to haul your PC to PC repair shop and pay them to install new Win for you.
Damn ok should I m-flash maybe?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
M-flash is for updating MoBo BIOS. That's completely different thing and will not fix your issue.

What you have to do, is creating Windows installation media on USB thumb drive; plug the thumb drive to your PC, select it as 1st boot device within BIOS (save and exit), and once Windows installation media shows up, follow the on screen instructions to install the Windows onto your PC.

That is, if given your M.2 drive is sound and working normally.
Could be that the drive is toast as well. Does show up in BIOS but is unable to sustain an OS. In this case, you're looking towards new M.2 drive as well.

Herrera 3432

Prominent
Dec 23, 2022
M-flash is for updating MoBo BIOS. That's completely different thing and will not fix your issue.

What you have to do, is creating Windows installation media on USB thumb drive; plug the thumb drive to your PC, select it as 1st boot device within BIOS (save and exit), and once Windows installation media shows up, follow the on screen instructions to install the Windows onto your PC.

That is, if given your M.2 drive is sound and working normally.
Could be that the drive is toast as well. Does show up in BIOS but is unable to sustain an OS. In this case, you're looking towards new M.2 drive as well.
Should I just reinstall windows I had sent a picture, I mean it’s a Farley new pc and I don’t gotta download that much.