Question Unreadable Firewall Alert in Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless in Seattle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
I've been trying to get 3 PCs, each running a different version of Windows, networked together so I can consolidate all the data and software from the 2 olderst PCs onto the newest PC. The Windows versions are XP, 7 and 10. So far I've not succeeded but I haven't give up yet.

From the PC running Windows 7, when I try to turn off the Windows Firewall, the control labeled "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" is unresponsive. None of the controls in bold typeface respond to mouse clicks. Only the plain typeface controls are responsive. (See image below).

There appears a gold shield with an exclamation point in the center, at the left end of a narrow horizontal dark blue bar. This shield seems to be some kind of Firewall alert, but the black type in the dark blue bar is not legible on my monitor. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what that text in the blue bar say:

Unreadable Alert in Windows Firewall by Will Anderson, on Flickr

The text in the blue reads "These settings are being managed by vendor application Norton Security Suite"

You have to go through Norton to enable/disable.

Since you already have a thread covering this topic I suggest that you stick to it and stop opening additional threads.

Closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.