[SOLVED] Unreal Engine games no longer working?

Nov 1, 2022
I'm having issues playing any games made in Unreal Engine. This wasn't happening before, and it seems to ONLY be UE games. For example, No More Heroes 3, Soulstice, and a Bionicle fangame made in UE4. No other games have crashed on me recently, or as frequently as these. When I started playing Soulstice over a month ago, everything was working fine, I could play for an hour or two with no issues. I even managed to recently play through the entirety of Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes without any crashing, another game made in UE4. But oddly, after beginning No More Heroes 3, and managing to play for about an hour or so, the game crashed with a box that just simply said "Fatal Error". I tried to start it up again, only to have it crash after another 20-30 minutes. The crashes only became more frequent from then on. So I decided to play some Soulstice, a game which had given me no issues before, only for it to also crash with a "fatal error" after about 30 minutes. This was about a week ago. And only yesterday, I managed to play the Bionicle UE4 game for about 2-3 hours without issue, but upon attempting to start it today, it simply wouldn't open. It shows up in the task manager under "Background Processes" but doesn't actually open up an app. Attempting to open No More Heroes 3 just leads to a black screen on startup and task manager saying that it's not responding.

TL;DR, I used to be able to play Unreal Engine games without issue, and now they either crash or refuse to open at all. Usually with no error message, and sometimes with one that only says "Fatal Error". Any game NOT made in UE seem to work just fine.
My specs in case they should be necessary for whatever reason:
AMD Ryzen 3200G
Gigabyte GTX 1660Ti 6GB
16GB Single slot RAM
OS is on an M.2 SSD and games install to a HDD

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me figure out what the issue seems to be, since I can't quite seem to figure out any sort of catalyst or cause behind these issues, like any updates to the OS or graphics drivers.
Just in case however I have tried things like; Running as admin, running in borderless windowed or windowed modes, running in compatibility mode for several windows versions, updating AND rolling back my graphics drivers to multiple versions. Nothing ever has any positive effect on the issue.
I don't really know what other information to provide, so please let me know if there's anything else I should include.

Solution
I was told this is a way to absolutely reset your PC, and clear out anything that might be in the RAM and whatnot.
That merely discharges any static build up by removing any residual power.

You have a multitude of BIOS versions pending upgrade, I'd gradually work up to the latest as opposed to jumping onto the latest. Just be sure to avoid BIOS version L3.64 [Beta] as that contains the dreaded A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.5. Some might suggest that you should jump all the way to the latest, you're free to do so, but I tend to play it safe, considering motherboard makers don't include a changelog for their BIOS versions. Some BIOS introduce improvements on their VRM, as was the case with Asus and Gigabyte. Nowadays they remain silent.

I'm...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please state which OS you're working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your GPU drivers reinstalls, did you use DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers from your platform, prior to manually reinstalling the latest GPU drivers for your discrete GPU?

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?

Nov 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you please state which OS you're working with? If Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. As for your GPU drivers reinstalls, did you use DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers from your platform, prior to manually reinstalling the latest GPU drivers for your discrete GPU?

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?
I'm sorry, I knew I should've provided most of that information, but I was extremely tired by that point, and felt that my post was becoming too bloated.
To start with, I did indeed use DDU when doing my driver installs.
OS is Windows 10 version 10.0.19044 build 19044.2130
Motherboard is an ASRock X570M Pro4
I believe my BIOS is, from what it says in System Information: P1.90, 2019-09-10. I've never had issues like this so I'm not entirely sure if this is the information you're looking for.
My PSU is a Corsair Semi-Modular ATX CX550M, and I believe it is about 3 and a half years old.

I have also discovered something interesting. After waking up today, I unplugged my computer and hit the power button a few times. I was told this is a way to absolutely reset your PC, and clear out anything that might be in the RAM and whatnot. Regardless of whether or not it's true, after starting the PC back up, the games actually worked. Just for a bit. Their performance seemed quite poor compared to previously though, and NMH3 crashed with it's "fatal error" within minutes.
Is it possible this has anything to do with my GPU perhaps? I've noticed that in Wolfenstein 2 2017, it actually tells me it's out of VRAM quite frequently, another game that has never given me any issue before just recently.

Lutfij

Titan
I was told this is a way to absolutely reset your PC, and clear out anything that might be in the RAM and whatnot.

You have a multitude of BIOS versions pending upgrade, I'd gradually work up to the latest as opposed to jumping onto the latest. Just be sure to avoid BIOS version L3.64 [Beta] as that contains the dreaded A.G.E.S.A code 1.2.0.5. Some might suggest that you should jump all the way to the latest, you're free to do so, but I tend to play it safe, considering motherboard makers don't include a changelog for their BIOS versions. Some BIOS introduce improvements on their VRM, as was the case with Asus and Gigabyte. Nowadays they remain silent.

I'm also leaning on your OS simply being corrupt.

Solution
Nov 1, 2022

I'm also leaning on your OS simply being corrupt.
Wow, thank you so much. I ran a scan and it said there were corrupt files that it couldn't fix. I used a Windows Repair Tool that had worked for me in the past to repair everything, and the games are working just fine it seems. Even the most troublesome one hasn't crashed for about an hour now, which is a big improvement over crashing every few minutes, to not even launching at all. Thank you so much, I really would have never thought that of all things, the OS could be causing problems like this.