Unreliable YouTube streaming on RCA ROKU DVD TV

chalina.anderson

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I have an RCA ROKU TV with built-inn DVD. The Roku works well with all streaming channels except for YouTube. On YT the video regularly stops and either returns to the YT menu ... or the Roku home screen.

We have a Cox Panoramic wireless internet router, in the same room as the TV (less than 10 feet away). The Cox technician told us that if we continue to have trouble with YouTube we could connect hardwire the TV to the router with an ethernet cable. Sounded good, until I looked at the back of the TV and see an HDMI slot but no ethernet port.

I'm looking for an adapter with male HDMI and female ethernet so I can connect the TV directly to the router. I've found several online, but in some cases there are two adapters needed in order to 'talk' to one another ... in others, video is not supported.

I read another thread from 5 years ago which suggested an XBOX type solution, but am hoping that technology has advanced since then. Does the adapter that I am envisioning now exist?

Thank you

chalina.anderson

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Hello ... Thanks for your suggestion. The TV has been activated, so rather than following the long instructions that include the USB, I went to the Settings section of the Roku home screen. On that screen I was able to confirm that the TV checks for updates on a daily basis, and the last update was last month. Wanting to be sure that the latest update has been installed, I then manually checked for updates and discovered that all is current. What I did not do after that, however, come to think of it, was to go to YT and see if it was performing any better.

A post on another site that I read last month suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the YT app - which I did, with no noticeable improvement.

I'll keep searching for a solution, but certainly welcome any more suggestions from your site!

Thank you