Question Unresponsive PC

icept

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Hi, hopefully someone can help me. My pc has an issue where it just becomes unresponsive...its not like a normal freeze i can still move the mouse but programs wont open and when i try to restart or switch the pc off nothing happens. If this happens over night then my pc ends up freezing completely.

MY specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 2x8Gb 2666
MB: Gigabyte AORUS B450 Elite
GPU: AUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 super
PSU: Corsair VS550
SSD: Crucial BX500 480GB

Weird power issues are normally caused by a faulty PSU. Not always but most of the time.

Considering that Corsair VS is a low quality Tier D PSU I would start with the PSU.

The VS series has a 3 years warranty and that's if it's the grey labeled VS 2017 model and not the orange labeled 2012 model.

icept

Commendable
May 12, 2019
Weird power issues are normally caused by a faulty PSU. Not always but most of the time.

Considering that Corsair VS is a low quality Tier D PSU I would start with the PSU.

The VS series has a 3 years warranty and that's if it's the grey labeled VS 2017 model and not the orange labeled 2012 model.

But wouldnt it cause my pc restart by itself? Could a faulty psu cause the unresponsiveness as well?

icept

Commendable
May 12, 2019
A faulty PSU can cause a lot of different issues. Your PSU might not have an issue in games but when it's idling it could.

When you press the power button for a few seconds the system does not shutdown at all?

It does shut down if i press the button just wont shut down or restart when my pc becomes unresponsive. Could it be that the PSU doesnt have enough power to support the system? i know the GPU requires at least 650w although i did read that 550w could also work