[SOLVED] Unresponsive system

jester70

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I recently rebuilt one of my old computers out of an old z170 build. The parts all worked the last time I used them.

I installed windows 7 and everything worked great for about a month... til one day it booted and the system became unusable. Mouse moves but I can't click on anything. It took about 10 minutes to get the task manager up. I scanned the RAM and the HDD with a rescue dick and everything came up normal. Everything is on a 10 minute lag. The system was unusable.

So I decided to install windows 10. The exact same thing happened a month later. It was working perfectly and then it became completely unusable. It acts the same way as above, and it acts that way in safe mode too. I Still have a ten minute delay between clicking and having something happen.

I know how to fix most problems that come my way, but I don't even know where to start with this.

Solution
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried disabling automatic driver updates after installing Windows? This step could do the trick as the latest drivers might not be compatible with the old hardware.

Apart from the above, you may also try to check for any available BIOS update, and see if installing it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!
Hello

I was wondering if you already tried disabling automatic driver updates after installing Windows? This step could do the trick as the latest drivers might not be compatible with the old hardware.

Apart from the above, you may also try to check for any available BIOS update, and see if installing it helps.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Solution