Question Unseated my CPU now pc is dead and i've tried everything

Jan 14, 2020
So I unseated my CPU while I was replacing thermal paste under the heatsink and accidentally bent two pins on the edge very slightly. But I managed to get them straight with little effort and put everything back together smoothly. Everything's plugged in and I triple checked everything. Properly cleared the CMOS, removed and reinserted the battery, discharged the capacitors, checked the power supply obviously and still nothing. No mobo LEDs or anything. Does this mean the pins I bent were important ones related to the power supply or something? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Did the cpu catch on the socket when you removed it ? It's possible if you put enough pressure on the socket to bend the pins that you shaved a small amount of material off the sides of the pins which remained in the socket. I would recommend removing the cpu and using a vacuum to clean out any possible material that may have been left behind in the socket pin holes. It goes without saying that you'll need to have the socket opened like when you insert a cpu to be able to clear the small pin holes.

one day , long ago, i saw some dude literally soldering ripped off pins back on a processor and it worked, maybe it broke inside despite just the bend, still, i'd go whacky more, it makes no sense, but sometimes when i fail overclocking my cpu just blackscreen with 0 booth, i remove the ram, reset bios, put a single ram on a different slow, clear the slots, remove the cpu and it without the cpu, try boot without ram and at some point it un-jams.

I remember once having an athlon 2400 and it stopped booting, it simply stopped, i swapped it with my friends cpu wich was the same and both was working perfectly, then after a day i got mine back it booted, PC's can be sneaky bastards but theres this bend, so oh well...

you can try to remove the battery and make SURE its uncharged, then ise isopropyl alcohool to clean both the pins and the socket for kicks, it dries real quick, but wait 10 mins and put it back.

other than that, nothing much it can think of when physical damage comes in.