Unsigned Drivers Will Not Install

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
There are a number of ways to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 7, and I've tried all of them. I'm trying to install a Bluetooth driver for development purposes, and for this a Bluetooth emulator will not work. I've run the BCDEdit commands, tried disabling it in the F8 Menu, and downloaded sever applications to help. I still get an error code, and upon searching the code tells me that the driver failed to install over the existing driver. I tried uninstalling the exiting hardware and deleting the driver software, and I've tried numerous Bluetooth adapters to no avail. Doing a system wipe is not an option, I have nearly a terabyte of data that I don't have backed up, and no means to back it up. I don't want to screw around with my hard disk and partition it just to backup the data. I even have the stupid "Test mode" watermark. I've tried running the driver software from it's install directory and with all available compatibility options, and still no dice. I have a legal DVD-ROM copy of Windows 7 x64 (I can show a picture of the disc with my username in sharpie if necessary. Windows 7 Forums have gotten unnecessarily tyrannical with pirates).

Windows 7 has an easy click-through feature to install unsigned drivers (you simply click on "Install anyway" in the driver install box) so I don't think your problem has anything to do with the drivers being unsigned.

You need to look elsewhere for the cause.