AMD 2600 Ryzen 5
Giga-byte A320M
8 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200
RX580
Thermaltake 600W
Samsung Evo SSD

I get no display.

I have:
Switched out the CPU, Mobo, SSD, ram, psu, monitors (hdmi, dp, VGA - GPU and on board), took battery out of Mobo and replaced.

Computer worked. I have identical computer that runs so I could switch out parts all besides Mobo as I just exchanged.

Could this RX 580 be defective and frying display? When I replaced Mobo I tried GPU before testing onboard graphics.

Computer runs, no beeps, everything normal but no display.

Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
  1. You don't have on-board graphics. The Ryzen 5 2600 does not have integrated graphics.
  2. Yes. Your graphics card may have failed. You need to test it in the other computer to ensure it's working.
  3. You need to test your display with the other computer to make sure it's working.

If both are working in the other computer, then it is either the motherboard or the power supply.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
  1. You don't have on-board graphics. The Ryzen 5 2600 does not have integrated graphics.
  2. Yes. Your graphics card may have failed. You need to test it in the other computer to ensure it's working.
  3. You need to test your display with the other computer to make sure it's working.

If both are working in the other computer, then it is either the motherboard or the power supply.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Jul 15, 2020

-Wolf sends
Will the lack of integrated graphics result in no post display?

Jul 15, 2020
Only if you attempt to connect your monitor to the motherboard outputs.

-Wolf sends
Thank you for your assistance.

The issue was I was assuming as that all CPU's had some sort of integrated graphics which was my case in the past. My AMD would not display anything (POST or BIOS screen whatever it's called) without a GPU. In my case, My new RX580 had failed and I was able to test by switching out for a spare.

I repeat - No Display onboard through any output without a GPU!

Conclusion: Great forum, better moderator and I hope this will help others in the future.

Reactions: Wolfshadw