[SOLVED] Unstable CPU temp. on idle AMD Ryzen 2600

mladja064

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2016
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
AsRock B450m pro4
Asus gtx 1070 turbo
3 x chasis fan

My cpu temp on idle just with browser and youtube is 39-41 celsius and than suddenly jumps to 50 and immediately drops back to previous temps and after some time does it again.
I noticed these on fan sound that is set in bion on 40c 40%
These wasnt happening before and i built my pc 2months ago.
Any ideas?

Solution
It's normal for any CPU and even GPUs, chipsets, VRM and anything that has varying voltages. CPUs and GPUs are faster reacting than other parts and are more likely to have fans for cooling so are most noticeable, that's all.
Some MBs have BIOS options to smooth out fan RPM so it doesn't jump to fast and often.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
AsRock B450m pro4
Asus gtx 1070 turbo
3 x chasis fan

My cpu temp on idle just with browser and youtube is 39-41 celsius and than suddenly jumps to 50 and immediately drops back to previous temps and after some time does it again.
I noticed these on fan sound that is set in bion on 40c 40%
These wasnt happening before and i built my pc 2months ago.
Any ideas?
Temperatures don't just jump by themselves, they are reaction to CPU usage and higher voltages at that time. So first thing to check is what SW is running at that time. I could bet that CPU usage goes up by 10% or more.

Reactions: mladja064

mladja064

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for the reply!
Well i gues it is nomall. When usage goes up temps goes too.
I was setting cpu fan speed on custom in bios 40c/40% - 60c/60% and sound of fan speeding up/down triggered me to check what was the cause.
I marked spikes with numbers

It's normal for any CPU and even GPUs, chipsets, VRM and anything that has varying voltages. CPUs and GPUs are faster reacting than other parts and are more likely to have fans for cooling so are most noticeable, that's all.
Some MBs have BIOS options to smooth out fan RPM so it doesn't jump to fast and often.

Reactions: mladja064
Solution