Unstable CPU Virtualization

Jun 30, 2018
I have a ROG g750js and I notice huge consistent spikes in my cpu usage when running a stress test.. I dont think its getting too hot and iv already turned all power saving options off.. Someone please help. Its effecting my gaming!

Jun 30, 2018

No im running it with nothing else running. It jumps from 100% to 50% consistently while performing the test. I bought this laptop online and im worried something could be wrong with the cores

What test(s) are you running?

CPU utilization is controlled automatically by/within WIndows....you might try selecting (within Windows power plan) High Performance to see if that allows elevated temps before any throttling occurs.....; otheriwse, Balanced works fine for moany folks...

Most laptops do not have the thermal capacity for any sort of extended stress tests, so, I'd avoid them, as they will likely hasten any thermal throttling if that is occurring....

Jun 30, 2018

CPU-Z Stress test. It starts bouncing as soon as I run it so I dont think its getting too hot. I havnt overclocked anything.. Thanks for your help!

Jun 30, 2018

I think you are right actually. I ran HW Monitor while running the test and every other core was bouncing from 100 to 50 back and forth.. seems like a safety feature.