Question Unstable FPS (GTX1060M)

Jul 1, 2019
I get unstable fps in games, but by far the worst performance in battlefield 1. Even after I set all my settings to low I get 30-55 frames. But when I look up footage of the game played with the exact same GPU "GTX 1060 mobile", the user sets his quality to ultra and gets a stable 70 frames.

you will see in this video,

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdT1k2aR-AM&t=110s

the user gets a stable 70-80fps, with the exact same GPU I get 30-55 fps.

I fit all the requirements to play battlefield 1, please help me resolve this issue thank you!

Last edited:
Just because they have the same graphics card doesn't mean you're going to get the same performance.

They might have a fresh installation of Windows while you don't. Or they could have twice the memory you have. Or a much more capable processor. You could have driver issues that they do not have because they have done a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers. It's possible you have OTHER drivers which are not up to date that are causing you problems while their system is fully up to date in every regard including the motherboard BIOS version.

Never compare your performance to somebody else's based ONLY on the fact that you have the same graphics card.

You might also have thermal issues, and that is where I'd likely start AFTER doing a clean install of your graphics drivers to the latest version. Check to see that you are not having thermal throttling of the CPU or GPU using HWinfo.

Reactions: oOSLOTHOo