Question Unstable gpu clocks

Sep 11, 2020
Okay, now im tired of this low fps. So im going to try doing something about it. I've gotten plenty of help but nothing has fixed it which is pretty damn annoying. Gpu and cpu has been working weirdly this month basically. This issue occured after changing motherboard if i remember that right. Gpu usage hits 100% Never happened before. Cpu hits less in cpu intensive games. Cpu hits 100% in most games though, weirdly. Never had stutters before. Im getting 70-80 fps in old karazhan in World Of Warcraft, isnt that weird? Karazhan is my go to issue finding place in wow. Because it has a lot of npcs. I used to get around 200 fps in there before i think. This happens in every game. Oh yeah the last thing is that in less intensive areas gpu clock drops more and more. No overheating.
Gtx: 1650 super
Cpu: i3 9100f. Upgrading to i7 9700k soon.
power supply: hyperM 500w
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder v2.
Motherboard: Z390-A-PRO.
Keyboard: old hp one.
Headset: Arctis 9.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Since you have had this problem since changing motherboard. Have you tried to update its bios to the latest version available? Also, did you format your hard drives before swapping motherboard? Are the chipset drivers and windows updated to the latest version? Are you sure you plugged your ram in the correct ram slots (especially if you have dual channel ram). Those are stupid things that could actually make a world of a difference, especially after swapping motherboards.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
@David0ne86 Thank you for your answer! I did not format the hard drive because i changed from an sshd to an ssd directly after swapping motherboard. I think i have the latest bios. Eitherway. When i download the bios update in chrome i just get this file thingy. Not the program that should start the download.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
@David0ne86 Thank you for your answer! I did not format the hard drive because i changed from an sshd to an ssd directly after swapping motherboard. I think i have the latest bios. Eitherway. When i download the bios update in chrome i just get this file thingy. Not the program that should start the download.
Yeah but like, have you performed a clean windows install after that. Or you simply back up what you had on the hd to the ssd and called it a day. If you did, it's time to format and clean install windows. You cannot swap motherboard and keep the same version of it you used to run.

Also i didn't understand at all what you mean about the bios. There's a specific way to update it, simply downloading the file isn't enough. Go check on youtube "how do I update msi bios" after going to msi website and download the latest bios available for you. If you're not sure what bios you're currently running, download cpu z and look for the bios version in the "motherboard" tab.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Good, now follow this video
Mind you, things might look slightly different since that's quite an old video, but the process is the same. Extract the zip in the root of a usb key formatted in fat32, restart, enter bios, select mflash, select the usb key where you extracted the bios to (to make things easier, just unplug any usb drive if you have one) and let the bios update. Make sure not to restart the pc in the process. Then it does everything automatically. Once the bios update is done, pc restart and you can go back using it as usual.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRyFMf0D9Lc