Question Unstable overclock after fitting new PSU ?

Oct 4, 2023
Hello there. I recently posted a thread which starfield and cyberpunk crashing all the time and reverting all overcloks solved the problem.

mobo: asus rog strix z790 f
cpu: intel i7 13700k
gpu: msi ventus 3x 4080 oc edition
ram: corsair ddr5 2x16 GB 6000 mhz
psu: asus rog strix 1000w aura edition ATX 3.0

problem started with new PSU, before that I have 5 years old corsair rm750x. My CPU , AI overclocked by ASUS BIOS and XMP enabled for my RAM. Graphics card overcloked by MSI Afterburner too. I got zero issues, zero lags, zero BSODs what so ever. I thought 1000w psu would be fine for my system and got it. So problem starts...

I'm thinking If new psu was faulty, my system have problems with starting and working. But when I overclock with same settings system becomes unstable. Any suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
Check and recheck that all connections from the PSU to all components(especially the motherboard) are snug and secure.

I would clear CMOS, check that the BIOS is up to date, then retry with AI overclock after any pending BIOS updates. I would also clear the CMOS after flashing the BIOS to the latest version, if you had any pending.

Oct 4, 2023
Check and recheck that all connections from the PSU to all components(especially the motherboard) are snug and secure.

I would clear CMOS, check that the BIOS is up to date, then retry with AI overclock after any pending BIOS updates. I would also clear the CMOS after flashing the BIOS to the latest version, if you had any pending.
I updated BIOS from manufacturers latest release. But didnt clear CMOS as you said. I think there is a clear CMOS button at my motherboard. I'll try it.
If that fails, can we hold new psu responsible for this problem?

Oct 4, 2023

I did it all and rig is still unstable. I contacted asus maybe I have faulty psu problem.

Oct 4, 2023
It seems my PSU was not faulty neither my RAM for the matter. After trying lots of fixes my problem is identified by Intel itself. Thanks to their microcode failure or something after a while my processor too start failing like they mentioned.
And after reaching customer service they offered a replacement for my processor. Bad businness.