Question Unstable overclock on high voltage

aurimixas

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Hello. I am trying to get atleaset mild oc on Amd fx 8300 wtih custom cooler. Motherboard asrock 980de3/u3s3 r2.0 (I put custom heatsinks on mosfets and fan over it). I increase freq by 300Mhz to 3,6Ghz and increase voltage to 1.25 from default 1.1875. But stress test in prime95 crashes in 20 seconds. I noticed voltage drop on load. When overclocked from 1.25 drops to 1.20. I think it must do something with Vcore load line? It's on auto (auto,1/2, 1/4 or droop disabled are the options) which should I use or I just got unlucky with silicon lottery? Thanks for answers

BringerOfTea

Reputable
Do you have temps on the CPU when it crashed? as I have understood the FX platform is a fickle female dog.
tried increasing volts more? usually, one goes from stable at the wanted speed and decrements the volts until not stable anymore.

aurimixas

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Do you have temps on the CPU when it crashed? as I have understood the FX platform is a fickle female dog.
tried increasing volts more? usually, one goes from stable at the wanted speed and decrements the volts until not stable anymore.
Cpu reaches 30 degrees or even less because pc crashes before cpu gets any hot

aurimixas

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
Blend test ran no problem for 2 hrs without OC. Also I got shocked by my pc that has a lot of metal case even after few seconds with no power from wall! I plug into power and case is like full of electricity but PC works completely fine. What the heck is going on