Tukang_1

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm
AMD FX 9370
Asus Sabertooth FX 9370 @3.7 Ghz
VID : 1.375 v
Gtx 960 4GB Windforce

Hi guys i recently have problem with my cpu, automatic shut down while playing game

the default setting in bios like 4.4Ghz with VID 1.4750 V

I setting the clock to 3.7 Ghz
and vid to 1.3750

the problem is, when i try to use software like cpu test. only in 5 minute my pc automatically shut down and the temperature reach 80°c

can someone help me?

when i play dota in low setting my cpu reach 65°C .
if i sett the clock to default , i even cant play game.

idk what is wrong with my setting.

Heatsink work properly

i only have 2 fan from noctua btw.

any suggest?

Screenshot : http://imgur.com/a/WwXGq

Solution
One thing that you can try is to put on new thermal paste and re seat the heatsink. Sometimes oils that come off of your fingers can effect the temps a bit. This may be part of it. I've also seen people accidentally leave the sticker on the bottom of the heatsink on it on accident. If that doesn't work, you may have to get a cooler that can dissipate more heat. The 9370 is incredibly hot

MrWillyP

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
You're definitely overheating. That CPU is known for running super hot. The original versions of the 9370 actually came with a water cooler. It's possible that the cooler may just not be able to handle it.

MrWillyP

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
One thing that you can try is to put on new thermal paste and re seat the heatsink. Sometimes oils that come off of your fingers can effect the temps a bit. This may be part of it. I've also seen people accidentally leave the sticker on the bottom of the heatsink on it on accident. If that doesn't work, you may have to get a cooler that can dissipate more heat. The 9370 is incredibly hot

Solution