Question unsupported Cpu but fit in the socket

Apr 23, 2019
hi.. i had problem recently after upgrading the CPU on my motherboard .. my old cpu was core 2 duo E8200 and its working perfectly.. but after I've changed the CPU to Core 2 quad q8400 i got message when posting the PC * <CPUID : 0001067A patch ID :0000>* .. than i tried to update the bios from F5 to F7 and still the same problem I've tried to rest the CMOS and still the same .. so I decided to contact gigabyte support then they told me that the CPU can fit on the motherboard but it's unsupported.. So my question is is there any BIOS MOD or something like that to make the CPU work on this motherboard ?
btw my motherboard is : GA-945GCM-S2L
And thnx :D

Apr 23, 2019
Same socket type is no guarantee that the CPU is supported -- and on that board the Q8400 isn't:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-945GCM-S2L-rev-10#support-cpu

BIOS modding is alien to me so can't help you there.

It would have been prudent to consult that list before buying - - may be you can exchange it?
thnx for reply.. and i know its my fault that I hadn't check the CPU support list on gigabyte for this motherboard I thought this CPU will work on any lga775 mobo .. so I wish the other people can help me .. If I do not get a solution I will check and buy new mobo that support this CPU

Apr 23, 2019
Lga775 was, is and always will be as much a pita as AMD's AM3/3+ debacle. The 945GC doesn't support any quads, but an almost identical 945G does, the Q6600 only. You'd need at least a 965 chipset (pref ich8DO or better) to really start down the quad core path and any decent OC.

The best chipsets were the Eagle lake P45 or X48
thnx for your information ❤

postcd

Honorable
Feb 18, 2014
<CPUID : 0001067A patch ID :0000>
i am getting this message also, but only when i connect USB HDD or USB flash disk to any of the computer USB ports. Also when i connect it after POST, where it ask me the boot password, the USB keyboard (enabled USB keyb. support in BIOS) stop responding once i connect USB storage. But without USB storage device be connected message does not show up and computer works. And inside Windows and Linux i can connect USB device. I ordered this combo (LGA 771 Xeon E5430 into LGA 775 motherboard GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1) described here: https://internetlifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=12416