Question Unsupported CPU Windows 10

Aug 10, 2019
Hey everyone....Ive got a major issue going on that I can't seem to figure out. I have an MSI H110M Pro-VD Plus motherboard and a i5 6600T cpu (35 watt model). Upon trying to install a fresh copy of windows 10 64 bit, via USB I always get a blue screen stating unsupported CPU and obviously I can't go any further with the install. I have the latest BIOS installed, 7A15v1C. Not sure what to do here with regards to this issue. Now the funny thing is that I can install windows 7 Pro 64 bit without issue up to the point of getting the 3/2019 security update KB4474419 and/or 7/2019 Security monthly quality roll-up KB4507449. If I install either of those updates, upon reboot, windows freezes at the windows splash screen and goes no further. The only thing on the screen during this time is one tiny dot of the start of the windows formation of the windows flag. So obviously the CPU works with the motherboard, but what would cause these issues? Especially the unsupported cpu for windows 10?
I also have a Kingston SSD as the boot drive and only one stick of 8GB ram in it at the moment until tomorrow when more ram will be here, and then I will have 2 sticks of 4gb each installed.

Any ideas?

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
read your manual very carefully to see which slot that one stick of ram should be in. Wrong slot can lead to chaos. If you have another RAM stick of right DDR you could try that too. That at least would get RAM issues out of the way.

also got to PC parts picker and VERIFY that you have a cpu that is compatible with your mobo. Click the build a pc option in the upper left, pick your mobo, then click cpu to see what comes up as compatible.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

edit: well I checked it myself and it is listed as compatible. But very interestingly no one has rated the 6600T. By contrast the I5 6600 has 46 happy users. Maybe they know something you don't.

Speaking for myself I pay attention to what others are using, I sort of rely on group think (if the users are happy) to help me stay away from marginal decisions.

On the other hand, your cpu is listed as compatible so you've got that. but you're out there on a lonely road.

Edit: I checked on newegg too. No one out there is using the 6600t. Other i5 6600 models have a large fan base.

Greg N

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
So here is an update to the unsupported CPU in Windows 10. After pouring thru tons of google posts, nothing seemed to work. I got the bright idea to try and install Windows 8.1 64 bit. So far, there have been no issues at all. Once I get the OS updated, I am going to try to see if I can upgrade to Windows 10. I will update again soon.

Aug 10, 2019
Another update...so everything was going great until about the 3rd round of updates in Windows 8.1. Unsupported CPU. Any ideas? Just doesn't make sense, why would it be working fine then when a certain update hits, then it is a no go.