Question Unsupported CPU

Sep 27, 2019
I recently changed the cpu of my system, from an i3 2100 to an i5 2400, the motherboard im question is a h61m-k from Asus. The thing is i didn't realize the mobo doesn't support it, or at least that's what the official page and the Bios says. After running a couple hours of work the experience is really estable. Even with HeavyLoad at 100% cpu usage it resist to crash. My question is:
Is this safe?
Will it kill the cpu or the motherboard in the long run?
Thanks

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
It's not necessarily running 100.Feel the heatsink as you will know if it runs that hot or not.What happened with the older motherboards if it doesn't support the cpu or have a bios that doesn't support it.It reads the cpu running 80-100C.If it does run that hot then it's not a good idea as it will in the long run give problems running that hot.

It's not necessarily running 100.Feel the heatsink as you will know if it runs that hot or not.What happened with the older motherboards if it doesn't support the cpu or have a bios that doesn't support it.It reads the cpu running 80-100C.If it does run that hot then it's not a good idea as it will in the long run give problems running that hot.
he was talking about CPU usage
anyway his 4+2 vrm design without any heatsink would be hard to measure for temperatures

TRENDING THREADS