Question UNSUPPORTED PROCESSOR

cyanflare

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Hello, the issue im having is when booting into windows it goes into automatic repair and the BSODs with Unsupported processor. This is the first time it has happened. Is there any fix for this?

cyanflare

Prominent
May 7, 2018
The CPU is not overclocked.

I have no idea of there were any recent updates. how can i check?

The bios version is E7917IMS V10.0 with a build date of 01/20/2015

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, you can't check updates if you can't get into windows

that is the original bios that came with motherboard, its unlikely to me that it would suddenly cause this problem when CPU happily ran on it until now. Newest bios is A.3 dated 17th Feb 2016

this shows how to update bios

CPU is working or you wouldn't have gotten as far as you did. PC wouldn't have started at all. We need to test it somehow
Try this method to make a bootable version of Prime 95 and run it on CPU to test it is okay. - https://www.infopackets.com/news/10113/how-fix-bootable-prime95-stress-test-hardware

cyanflare

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Yes, im still getting the error.

I think i might have some corrupt files on my windows installation. I got another hard drive with a windows install from another computer, plugged it in and it booted up with no issues. Is there anyway to fix corrupted files?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not easily. It isn't an error I have had to solve before, It is rather strange.

I would boot from the other hdd and copy anything off your normal C drive you want to keep, or did you remove that to test?
If you can, run this on CPU with other drive in it - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Do you have a win 10 installer on USB? download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (if need be, do it on another PC) - it is a handy repair disk

If PC won't boot with that drive in it, we can still copy info off hdd by booting off the USB instead
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd