[SOLVED] Unsupported video driver message in After Effects

utgh4k33

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm an artist looking for advice. I produce mainly 2D art and recently I installed the 2020 version of Adobe After Effects. Every time I open the program, it displays an error message:

I installed the last version of the driver available for my card and it still shows the message (and yes, the performance degradation is real, I did what I needed and closed it asap). And this is akward because I have an Nvidia Ge Force gtx 770, so I thought: why is this asking for intel drivers?
I looked it up, and I found a forum where there was someone with a similar question, and the answer was that the computer "chooses" when to use the Nvidia, but again a friend of mine who is a programmer told me that that may happen in a laptop, but not in a desktop computer... So now I don't know what to think.

Why is it asking for intel graphics? Is it some configuration I have wrong? Do I need a new graphic card?
Thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

puw2

Honorable
Hello everyone, I'm an artist looking for advice. I produce mainly 2D art and recently I installed the 2020 version of Adobe After Effects. Every time I open the program, it displays an error message:

I installed the last version of the driver available for my card and it still shows the message (and yes, the performance degradation is real, I did what I needed and closed it asap). And this is akward because I have an Nvidia Ge Force gtx 770, so I thought: why is this asking for intel drivers?
I looked it up, and I found a forum where there was someone with a similar question, and the answer was that the computer "chooses" when to use the Nvidia, but again a friend of mine who is a programmer told me that that may happen in a laptop, but not in a desktop computer... So now I don't know what to think.

Why is it asking for intel graphics? Is it some configuration I have wrong? Do I need a new graphic card?
You could try disabling your cpu's integrated graphics in your bios and see if it'll get this issue solved.

puw2

Honorable

You could try disabling your cpu's integrated graphics in your bios and see if it'll get this issue solved.

ASK THE COMMUNITY