[SOLVED] Unsupported video driver message in After Effects

utgh4k33

Reputable
Aug 22, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm an artist looking for advice. I produce mainly 2D art and recently I installed the 2020 version of Adobe After Effects. Every time I open the program, it displays an error message:

Captura-de-pantalla-62.jpg

I installed the last version of the driver available for my card and it still shows the message (and yes, the performance degradation is real, I did what I needed and closed it asap). And this is akward because I have an Nvidia Ge Force gtx 770, so I thought: why is this asking for intel drivers?
I looked it up, and I found a forum where there was someone with a similar question, and the answer was that the computer "chooses" when to use the Nvidia, but again a friend of mine who is a programmer told me that that may happen in a laptop, but not in a desktop computer... So now I don't know what to think.

Why is it asking for intel graphics? Is it some configuration I have wrong? Do I need a new graphic card?
Thanks a lot for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Hello everyone, I'm an artist looking for advice. I produce mainly 2D art and recently I installed the 2020 version of Adobe After Effects. Every time I open the program, it displays an error message:

I installed the last version of the driver available for my card and it still shows the message (and yes, the performance degradation is real, I did what I needed and closed it asap). And this is akward because I have an Nvidia Ge Force gtx 770, so I thought: why is this asking for intel drivers?
I looked it up, and I found a forum where there was someone with a similar question, and the answer was that the computer "chooses" when to use the Nvidia, but again a friend of...

I looked it up, and I found a forum where there was someone with a similar question, and the answer was that the computer "chooses" when to use the Nvidia, but again a friend of mine who is a programmer told me that that may happen in a laptop, but not in a desktop computer... So now I don't know what to think.

Why is it asking for intel graphics? Is it some configuration I have wrong? Do I need a new graphic card?
Thanks a lot for the help.
You could try disabling your cpu's integrated graphics in your bios and see if it'll get this issue solved.

Solution