[SOLVED] Unsure about if I'm using my GPU or an IGPU.

Dec 1, 2021
Hello guys, I want to ask if I'm using my GPU or it's an IGPU, In the Task Manager under Performance there's GPU 0 But it's almost always at 0% and only my CPU is being utilized properly, Here's a picture of task manager GPU 0
: https://prnt.sc/219fslb
Is that normal? Why are also the values to low the GPU Memory
Here's a picture of my CPU
https://prnt.sc/219fwio
It's working properly but everything is focusing on the CPU instead of the GPU, how can I fix that and am I really using a IGPU instead of my own GPU
I don't really understand much, if there's more things that will be needed to determine please tell me and i will provide information, thank you!

Solution
back to the question for the GPU, why dont I have GPU 1 and only GPU 0? is that normal
Go into BIOS and disable iGPU.
It's not necessary (unless you need it for connecting more monitors). It just reserves additional system ram with no purpose.
And your system has only 8GB of ram - not very much by modern standards.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information from you. Could you please list the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Age of the PSU apart from it's make and model? BIOS version for said motherboard? What tasks are you taxing on the system?

Reactions: ZoroDa

kanewolf

Titan
Hello guys, I want to ask if I'm using my GPU or it's an IGPU, In the Task Manager under Performance there's GPU 0 But it's almost always at 0% and only my CPU is being utilized properly, Here's a picture of task manager GPU 0
: https://prnt.sc/219fslb
Is that normal? Why are also the values to low the GPU Memory
Here's a picture of my CPU
https://prnt.sc/219fwio
It's working properly but everything is focusing on the CPU instead of the GPU, how can I fix that and am I really using a IGPU instead of my own GPU
I don't really understand much, if there's more things that will be needed to determine please tell me and i will provide information, thank you!
If this is a DESKTOP, then where your monitor is connected determines what video hardware is used. Laptops screens are more software controlled. External monitors on laptops might be hard wired to one or the other.

InvalidError

Titan
Then why is it always at low utilization like 0% and everything is on my CPU
Is there usage on the IGP? If so, then the OS is defaulting to the IGP for some reason. I had to go in the Graphics configuration page to manually assign Firefox, Chrome, Discord, etc. to HD730 to steer them towards the IGP and leave most of my GTX1050's 2GB free for games.

You could use the Graphics page to manually steer games toward the GPU in the same manner, though you shouldn't have to.

If you are on a power-saving power plan, maybe try balanced.

Dec 1, 2021
Is there usage on the IGP? If so, then the OS is defaulting to the IGP for some reason. I had to go in the Graphics configuration page to manually assign Firefox, Chrome, Discord, etc. to HD730 to steer them towards the IGP and leave most of my GTX1050's 2GB free for games.

You could use the Graphics page to manually steer games toward the GPU in the same manner, though you shouldn't have to.

If you are on a power-saving power plan, maybe try balanced.
Where can I check if there is usage on the IGP? I'm a High Performance Power Plan, For the other stuff I'll wait for your answer for IGP before I check it out

Dec 1, 2021
Something is preventing your CPU from reaching maximum clock speed. Your userbench results show a max clock speed of 2.5Ghz, below the spec 3.1Ghz.
Hmm, any suggestions what it could be, I'm not quite sure myself but yeah you're right, it is at 2.5 instead of 3.1, I haven't overclocked anything so could it be that, maybe the 3.1ZGhz is the overclocked version idk, and should I Overclock?

TRENDING THREADS