[SOLVED] Unsure about pin counts on LED display for DELL N5110 ?

Apr 15, 2021
Hi,
I am trying to replace broken DELL Inspiron N5110 led display but unsure about the pin counts (30 or 40) to buy.
how to know the pin count for my laptop?
No need to worry in buying if the part number is the right one ?
here is the led backside label:

LP156WH4 15.6" HD
D/PN:09HXXJ

Solution
Thank you so much and

Did you see my broken display picture ? kindly confirm me that changing laptop display with same part number will work again

Well considering that is a cracked screen then replacing it with a good one should fix it. Just make sure the connectors are in properly.
Apr 15, 2021
First return on a web search for that part number, shows you the pin count on it https://www.blisscomputers.net/dell-9hxxj-09hxxj-15-6-hd-led-lcd-screen-623119/

As long as the panel description states it works with your model laptop then yes it would be the right one. Or if it's the same model # as the screen you have in it.

What happen if i install a led display when dell part no. mismatch and have 40 pins connector ?
which one will be a dead one, MoBo or led display ?

Last edited:
What happen if i install a led display when dell part no. mismatch and have 40 pins connector ?
which one will be a dead one, MoBo or led display ?

If you buy a part not listed to specifically work with your laptop you are still not getting a very good test of what is wrong if the screen is not working. A 40 pin screen connection is common across many systems, just because it has the right pins does not mean it will work.

Apr 15, 2021
If you buy a part not listed to specifically work with your laptop you are still not getting a very good test of what is wrong if the screen is not working. A 40 pin screen connection is common across many systems, just because it has the right pins does not mean it will work.
Thanks, but connecting wrong display to MoBo, will damage any part of the laptop like MoBo or connected display ?

one more thing, I wanna confirm what I am going to do will fix my display problem so I won't waste money on it. As I visited tom'sHARDWARE posts for my display problem, I figured out laptop display is broken and need to replace. also connected my laptop with external monitor and able to see windows booting and all.
I am worrying that buying display and if my laptop display isn't work after replacing new one.
Kindly find the picture of my broken laptop's display...

Last edited:
Thanks, but connecting wrong display to MoBo, will damage any part of the laptop like MoBo or connected display ?

one more thing, I wanna confirm what I am going to do will fix my display problem so I won't waste money on it. As I visited tom'sHARDWARE posts for my display problem, I figured out laptop display is broken and need to replace. also connected my laptop with external monitor and able to see windows booting and all.
I am worrying that buying display and if my laptop display isn't work after replacing new one.
Kindly find the picture of my broken laptop's display...

No using the wrong screen won't damage anything.

Reactions: Blissbiy