Question Unsure about returning my RTX 2080

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
I have been getting artifacts with my MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio and it has a minor scratch on the backplate but I bought it new and it came that way. I do not want my GPU to be denied for a minor scratch on the backplate that I did not cause. Should I mention that my RTX 2080 has minor scratch on the backplate and came that way when it was shipped to me. I could just say its defective but I do not want my RMA denied for a scratch that I did not cause. Any advice?

JJoner

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
How large is the scratch and how visible is it? If it's something that you cant see without looking for it then they probably wont decline it since the card doesn't work anyways.

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
They most likely won't believe the scratch was there , because they are inspected before they are shipped.
Well I don't want to fork out the money to buy a new one if I don't have to, would they mind the scratch on the backplate because the backplate is easily replaceable. The rest of the card is in perfect physically, is it worth sending back because I do not want it to get denied for something that I did not cause?